Terms & Privacy
Refunds are available should any item purchased from Collective Designs be found to be faulty or damaged. Damage caused by neglect, error or deliberate misuse by the purchaser will not qualify for a refund.
2. The information we collect We will only collect personal and sensitive information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide you with, or directly related to, the functions that we offer on our Site, and the services that you have requested from us. We collect personal and sensitive information from you when you interact with the Site, which could include when you register with us and use the features available once you are registered. The personal and sensitive information which Collective Designs collects may include, without limitation, your name, postal address, email, telephone number, credit card details, payment details, the details of any products you purchase through the Site, any donations you make, or any other information necessary to provide the functions and services requested. Collective Designs will collect personal and sensitive information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. Collective Designs may collect the personal and sensitive information directly from you, or alternatively from third parties (such as charities or payment providers) with whom you interact with or via the Site. When you access our Site via a browser or application, our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
3. How we use your information We will only use your personal and sensitive information for the provision of our goods and services to you, and for any other purpose which we state at the time of the collection, as permitted by law and/or as required to provide the functions and services you request. Such use may include the provision of your information to attendees at events, to event holders or to charities to whom you make donations. We may also use the information you provide to engage in marketing. If we do use the information you provide in this manner then it is done in aggregate and on a purely anonymous basis with your personal and sensitive information removed. We will not use any sensitive information that you provide to us for this purpose without first obtaining your consent. You can opt out of marketing activities at any time. We may also collect information about you and how you interact with our Site, by using or storing “cookies” on your computer. You can delete cookies from your computer at any time via your internet browser. However doing so may limit your use of some of the Site’s features. Please remember that any information that you post in our public forums and any social media interfaces is public information and will not be treated as confidential. Such information can be collected and used by others. Please be careful and responsible when you are online.
4. Content Please remember that any information that you post in our public forums and any social media interfaces is public information and will not be treated as confidential. Such information can be collected and used by others. Please be careful and responsible when you are online.
6. How you may access your information We provide you with easy access to the personal and sensitive information we hold about you. You may change and access certain parts of your personal and sensitive information (such as your contact details) via our Site. Copies of other personal and sensitive information which we hold may be reasonably requested by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us in Australia on 0402 284 317. We may charge you a reasonable fee for complying with any such request. We may refuse, in our sole discretion, to provide you access to your personal and sensitive information which we hold, where such refusal is permitted by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Privacy Principles or any other law. If you no longer wish to receive email communications from us, you can unsubscribe at any time by using the link on the emails we send you, or informing us and we will do it for you.
7. How we protect your information We will act to protect your personal and sensitive information in accordance with the Privacy Principles. We are committed to keeping the personal and sensitive information you provide to us secure. We take all reasonable precautions to protect the personal and sensitive information we hold about you from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. While we take all due care in ensuring the privacy and security of your personal and sensitive information, the possibility exists that this information could be unlawfully intercepted while in transit over the internet or while stored on our systems or on our website. We disclaim all liability to you to the greatest extent pursuant to law should this occur. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal and sensitive information if it is no longer needed for the purpose for which the information was disclosed.
9. Quality & Correction of Personal and Sensitive Information It is your responsibility to contact us from time to time to inform us of any changes to your personal, sensitive and protected information to ensure that it is up to date, relevant and of an appropriate quality to enable us to provide our goods and services to you. Collective Designs will take reasonable steps to correct your personal and sensitive information if we are satisfied that your personal and sensitive information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, including making any appropriate deletions or additions to your personal and sensitive information.
Alternatively, any person may make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner may be contacted on Tel: 1300 363 992
E-mail email@example.com or postal address at: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001 or online at: www.oaic.gov.au.